Group characteristics in Tallahassee’s 32309 zip code
The biggest consumer groups in the 32309-zipcode are:
- “Savvy Suburbanites” (43.5% of the population and per trade report below: “Families include empty nesters and empty nester wannabes, who still have adult children at home..”)
- “Green Acres” (16.4% of the population and per trade report below: “The Green Acres lifestyle features country living and self-reliance.”)
- “Exurbanites” (16.2% of the population and per trade report below: “Exurbanites residents are now approaching retirement but showing few signs of slowing down.”)
- “Young and Restless” (9.5% of the population and per trade report below: “This market ranks in the top 5 for renters, movers, college enrollment and labor-force participation rate.”)
- “In Style” (6.4% of the population and per trade report below: “In Style denizens embrace an urbane lifestyle that includes support of the arts, travel and extensive reading.”)
Most of the residents in Tallahassee’s 32309 zip code are employed in professional trades. Most have at least a bachelor’s degree, own their own home, and have a median age in the 40s. For example, the biggest three groups have a homeownership rate of over 85%. In Tallahassee’s 32309 zip code, the median home values range from $236k to $481K for the biggest consumer groups.
Zip Code 32309 Biggest Market Segment: Savvy Suburbanites
First, the biggest group is called the Savvy Suburbanites segment. Also, this group includes approximately 43.5% of the population, or 5,472 households. This group’s median age is 45.8 with a median household income of $119,200. The median net worth is approximately $694,900 and their median home value is $402,700. The residents are well educated and love to keep up to date with technology. They use technology to shop, bank, and invest. The Savvy Suburbanites live in older suburban neighborhoods and love to remodel and garden. They are also physically fit, investing in many kinds of sports gear.
Zip Code 32309 Second Biggest Market Segment: Green Acres
Next, the second biggest group is the Green Acres residents. This group is 16.4% of the population included in the Tallahassee 32309 zip code. That includes 2,065 households. Also, this group’s median age is 44.7 with a median household income of $86,100. This is an avid Do-It-Yourselfer group. They love to work on remodeling projects and grow their own vegetables! They spend a lot of time and money on outdoor pursuits like hunting, fishing, cycling, hiking, camping, and golf. About 13% of the population has a profitable side hustle.
Curious about those last three groups? If so, download a free report here: Trade Report for Tallahassee’s 32309 zip code.
Neighborhood and Population Characteristics
Here’s the thing, in the next several paragraphs we are going to break down a lot of numbers about the population living in Tallahassee’s 32309 zip code. These graphs are going to show you the median household incomes, job categories, and education level of the population. Also, we will show you the age distributions of children and adults. We have information on schools zoned for the 32309 zip code and a link to the school grade reports for public elementary, middle, and high schools at the bottom of the page.
For more information, download the free report here: Neighborhood Report for Tallahassee’s 32309 zip code.