Group characteristics in Tallahassee’s 32303 zip code
The biggest consumer groups in the 32303-zipcode are:
- “College Towns” (26.5% of the population and per trade report below: “About half the residents of College Towns are enrolled in college, while the rest work for a college or the services that support it.”)
- “Bright Young Professionals” (15.5% of the population and per the trade report below: “Bright Young Professionals is a large market, primarily located in urban outskirts of large metropolitan areas. These communities are home to young, educated, working professionals.”)
- “Home Improvement” (14.8% of the population and per the trade report below: “Married-couple families occupy well over half of these suburban households. Most Home Improvement residences are single-family homes that are owner-occupied, with only one-fifth of the households occupied by renters. “)
- “Young and Restless” (11.5% of the population and per trade report below: “Gen Y comes of age: Well-educated young workers, some of whom are still completing their education, are employed in professional/technical occupations, as well as sales and office/administrative support roles.”)
- “Old and Newcomers” (10.1% of the population and per the trade report below: “The Old and Newcomers market features singles’ lifestyles, on a budget. … Age is not always obvious from their choices. “)
Most of the residents in Tallahassee’s 32303 zip code are employed in service or professional careers. Most have a bachelor’s degree or at least some college without the degree. These residents grew up using technology from a young age. The median ages for the group above vary from 25 to 39 years of age.
Zip Code 32303 Biggest Market Segment: College Towns
Next, the second biggest group is the College Towns residents. This group is 26.5% of the population included in the Tallahassee 32303 zip code. That includes 5,647 households. Also, this group’s median age is 24.7, the youngest group in this zip code. Their median household income of $43,200. This group has a limited income and must make thrifty purchases. They are highly connected and use the internet for all aspects of their lives. These residents are looking for new experiences, and they seek out adventure.
Zip Code 32303 Second Biggest Market Segment: Bright Young Professionals
Next, the second biggest group is the Bright Young Professionals residents. This group is 15.5% of the population included in the Tallahassee 32303 zip code. That includes 3,300 households. Also, this group’s median age is 33.9, slightly older than the group above. Their median household income of $67,400. This group has student loans and a retirement account. They own newer cars, and about 46% own their own homes. These households are primarily couples, some married. They attend bars and clubs to enjoy local music and to the beach to relax. The residents are also outdoorsy, enjoying various sports and outdoor activities. They also enjoy eating at trendy restaurants.
Curious about those last three groups: Home Improvement, Young and Restless, and Old and Newcomers? If so, download a free report here: Trade Area Report for Tallahassee’s 32303 zip code.
Neighborhood and Population Characteristics
Here’s the thing, in the next several paragraphs, we will break down a lot of numbers about the population living in Tallahassee’s 32303 zip code. These graphs will show you the median household incomes, job categories, and education level of the population. Also, we will show you the age distributions of children and adults. At the bottom of the page, we have information on schools zoned for the 32303 zip code and a link to the school grade reports for public elementary, middle, and high schools.
For more information, download the free report here: Neighborhood Report Tallahassee FL 32303